3.20.2016

Cahorros Hike.

Apparently Spanish Tannis is quite outdoorsy. Somehow I keep getting convinced to go on these hikes around Granada. This time we took a bus out to an even smaller town, Monachil. Nathan sold me on this hike by talking about all the suspension bridges throughout the hike. It definitely lived up to the hype. I had quite a bit of fun on this hike, and there was so much to see. I've really loved getting to watch spring begin and see all the greenery coming through. 
After the suspension bridges, we went through a giant gorge. It was amazing and definitely worth the hike. The gorge was also a highlight because Nathan was too tall and couldn't walk through the gorge like I did. He had to crawl on his hands and knees! I went through the gorge first and was treated to a front row show of it. I laughed so hard I almost fell into the small river running through. The hike took about five hours and was so pretty! 
My favourite part of our entire adventure was the unexpected arrival of a whole group of goats on their way to a new pasture. We saw them as we were coming back into town and I made Nathan stand on the road and watch them pass. I couldn't get enough of it. So great! We took a video of it and my face while the goats are walking past says it all. I was dying. That's what you get when you show up in small town Spain, I guess.




  


Sidenote: If you look closely, in some of the pictures, you can still see my sunburn from our last hike. I was hoping the pink shirt would camouflage the burn but obviously not. My life is a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment