The month of snow.
And Christmas.
And cold.
And finals.
That about sums up our month.
Me: Classes at the U of A ended the first week of December and I only had one official nursing final so theoretically I should have had a pretty easy month. Wrong. I had made a few bad choices throughout my nursing school career, leaving me with three electives to finish before January. Which actually meant I had to finish them before I left for Christmas. So I wrote my first final and then had two weeks to finish three full courses. Which meant I spent a lot of quality time with my computer and flashcards. We got closer than a person and any inanimate object ever should. But I finished! It was stressful and not without a few tears but magically I passed everything and will really graduate in April.
Nathan: Unfortunately his finals finished up pretty quick so he was busy for a week or so and then he had to deal with a house all to himself while I holed up in the spare bedroom. He had a really hard life. All Madden and NBA playstation, with junk food runs and the TV all to himself. I'm so mean to him sometimes.
Us: We did have a few fun things going on during December. We started one of our first Christmas traditions and went to A Christmas Carol. I'd never seen it before and it was so good! And it was fun to get a little dressed up and go out to celebrate the spirit of Christmas. And once I was finally finished everything, Nathan and I celebrated me completing all my classes with pre-Christmas Christmas! Since we were flying to Vancouver to spend Christmas with Nathan's family, we didn't want to pack our presents and fly them there and back. So we had fake Christmas morning, complete with breakfast and Christmas music. It was fun to have our own little first Christmas together.
After our celebration, we cleaned our house, packed up and got on a plane. We were spending a week in Vancouver, staying with Nathan's brother, Danny. On the way there, I conveniently got to sit first class and leave Nathan behind in coach. On our two hour flight, I got a real drinking glass, all the Diet Coke I could ask for, a wrap and salad and even a warm towel. Yep. It was the life. I'd ditch Nate every time we flew for first class. Vancouver was lovely - warm with hardly any snow. Nathan and I got to take some walks around Danny's apartment, and did a bunch of exploring. We had a ton of fun. I ate more tofu in that week than the rest of my life combined (I grew up on a beef farm in Alberta, cut a girl some slack) but it was good. We had a white elephant, played a ton of games and it was awesome to just be carefree. Plus Danny lived a block away from the best dollar store in the world AND a 7-11. Two of my favorite things. We had a ton of fun. After our week in Vancouver, we flew back and then headed down to Welling for some bonding time with my family.

--------------------------------------------
We made it to Welling at the same time as the rest of my sisters and we ditched our husbands and went to our cousin Tanner's wedding reception. We can't believe he really got married!! His wife, Jesse, looked beautiful. The rest of our week in Welling was a lot of Mario Kart, Diet Coke and keeping children alive. The husbands spent a lot of time together, we don't really give them a choice) and mostly just played video games together. We went and visited my Grandma Wilde and she kindly fed us delicious fried chicken and put up with all of our crazy kids. Of course, we went shopping at the Park Place Mall, a place that could never fail anyone, and took our annual sisters picture in the Santa chair. We haven't missed a year yet! We spent New Year's on a quadruple date (that's never happened before) because Grandma Joni offered to babysit! We all went out for dinner and then tried really hard to stay up until midnight. It was a struggle. Nathan actually went and took a thirty minute nap because he was so tired. He's kind of like a really big little kid. We rang in the new year and the next day we all headed out.
- Honorable mention - I got called as the second counsellor in the young women's of my ward. Yeah. What?! It still stresses me out (is it dorky to confess that I just want them to like me? Probably.) It's been really great so far though. It's a lot of time though and I'm still trying to figure out how to balance another thing.
Nathan: Unfortunately his finals finished up pretty quick so he was busy for a week or so and then he had to deal with a house all to himself while I holed up in the spare bedroom. He had a really hard life. All Madden and NBA playstation, with junk food runs and the TV all to himself. I'm so mean to him sometimes.
Us: We did have a few fun things going on during December. We started one of our first Christmas traditions and went to A Christmas Carol. I'd never seen it before and it was so good! And it was fun to get a little dressed up and go out to celebrate the spirit of Christmas. And once I was finally finished everything, Nathan and I celebrated me completing all my classes with pre-Christmas Christmas! Since we were flying to Vancouver to spend Christmas with Nathan's family, we didn't want to pack our presents and fly them there and back. So we had fake Christmas morning, complete with breakfast and Christmas music. It was fun to have our own little first Christmas together.
After our celebration, we cleaned our house, packed up and got on a plane. We were spending a week in Vancouver, staying with Nathan's brother, Danny. On the way there, I conveniently got to sit first class and leave Nathan behind in coach. On our two hour flight, I got a real drinking glass, all the Diet Coke I could ask for, a wrap and salad and even a warm towel. Yep. It was the life. I'd ditch Nate every time we flew for first class. Vancouver was lovely - warm with hardly any snow. Nathan and I got to take some walks around Danny's apartment, and did a bunch of exploring. We had a ton of fun. I ate more tofu in that week than the rest of my life combined (I grew up on a beef farm in Alberta, cut a girl some slack) but it was good. We had a white elephant, played a ton of games and it was awesome to just be carefree. Plus Danny lived a block away from the best dollar store in the world AND a 7-11. Two of my favorite things. We had a ton of fun. After our week in Vancouver, we flew back and then headed down to Welling for some bonding time with my family.
--------------------------------------------
We made it to Welling at the same time as the rest of my sisters and we ditched our husbands and went to our cousin Tanner's wedding reception. We can't believe he really got married!! His wife, Jesse, looked beautiful. The rest of our week in Welling was a lot of Mario Kart, Diet Coke and keeping children alive. The husbands spent a lot of time together, we don't really give them a choice) and mostly just played video games together. We went and visited my Grandma Wilde and she kindly fed us delicious fried chicken and put up with all of our crazy kids. Of course, we went shopping at the Park Place Mall, a place that could never fail anyone, and took our annual sisters picture in the Santa chair. We haven't missed a year yet! We spent New Year's on a quadruple date (that's never happened before) because Grandma Joni offered to babysit! We all went out for dinner and then tried really hard to stay up until midnight. It was a struggle. Nathan actually went and took a thirty minute nap because he was so tired. He's kind of like a really big little kid. We rang in the new year and the next day we all headed out.



No comments:
Post a Comment